- Not Veterinary Services
The Services made available via the Site are provided for informational purposes only. The Services do not provide medical or veterinary advice or any medical, veterinary, healthcare or wellness service. The Services are not a substitute for the professional judgement of a veterinary or other medical professional and are not in any way intended to override professional veterinary advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified health provider with any question you may have regarding a pet or animal’s medical condition. If you think your pet or an animal may have a medical emergency, call your vet, animal control, PETA, or 911 for help immediately.
- Use of the Services
You may browse the Site without registering for an account. However, certain Services may require registration of an account. If you are under 18 years of age, you may not register for an account.
You agree to provide and maintain only true, accurate, and complete information about yourself as part of your account. You agree to provide additional information we may reasonably request and to answer truthfully and completely any questions we might ask you to verify your identity.
You are responsible for your account and all the activity on it. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security of which you are aware or suspect.
The Services are intended for use in the United States. Access to the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk. You are responsible for compliance with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to you.
If you send us your creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, ‘Comments’), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction fully exploit in any medium any comments that you provide to us. Comments are not confidential. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to pay compensation for any Comments; or (2) to respond to any Comments.
Content is provided for information purposes only and does not consider your unique, personal circumstances and needs. AAPP does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, veterinarian, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned in the Services. Content may be revised, modified, or updated at any time. You acknowledge and agree that any reliance or actions you take in violation of your agreement with us shall be at your sole and exclusive risk and AAPP shall have no responsibility or liability to you whatsoever.
AAPP does not guarantee that any Content will be made available through the Services, or that any Content you access is or will continue to be accurate. You acknowledge that all Content accessed by you using the Services is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to you or any other party resulting therefrom.
AAPP reserves the right to, but does not have any obligation to, (i) remove, edit, modify or otherwise manipulate any Content in our sole discretion, at any time, without notice to you and for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content or if we are concerned that you may have violated this User Agreement), or for no reason at all and (ii) to remove or block any Content from the Services.
- User Contributions
All Content added, created, uploaded, submitted, distributed, or posted to the Services by users (collectively “User Contributions”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such User Contribution. Any User Contribution you post to the Services will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
You acknowledge that the use of any User Contributions accessed via the Services is at your own risk to the fullest extent allowed by applicable law. We are not responsible for, and we do not endorse, the opinions, advice, suggestions, or recommendations posted or sent by users in any User Contributions and we specifically disclaim any liability in connection therewith to the fullest extent allowed by applicable law.
You also acknowledge and agree that communications on or through the Services, including without limitation, User Contributions, whether with content providers or other users, are at your own risk and are not covered by any privilege or confidentiality obligation that might apply if you were to obtain your own professional advice (e.g., veterinarian-pet).
By providing any User Contribution through the Services, you grant AAPP and its affiliates, partners, and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, sublicensable, transferable license and right to use, edit, truncate, aggregate, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and otherwise fully exploit the User Contributions in connection with the Services, and ours and our affiliates and partners businesses, including, without limitation, for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Services (and derivatives thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party websites and fees), and including after termination of your Account or the Services. For the sake of clarity, the foregoing license grant includes our right to distribute, display, perform and otherwise use the User Contributions in connection with material provided by our affiliates and partners, and you shall not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such use. To the extent any User Contributions you submit includes your name, likeness, voice, or photograph (or any of the foregoing of your pet or other animal), you acknowledge and agree that this license shall apply to the same and you hereby release and hold harmless AAPP from (i) all claims for invasion of privacy, publicity or libel, (ii) any liability or other claims by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or other use or exploitation of your name, image or likeness, and (iii) any liability for claims made in connection with your content, name, image or likeness. You grant each user of the Services a non-exclusive, perpetual license to access your User Contributions through the Services, including after your termination of your Account or the Services. You represent and warrant that You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the licenses granted above. Except where prohibited by applicable law, by submitting User Contributions through the Services, you are waiving and agreeing not to assert any copyrights or “moral” rights or claim resulting from our alteration of the User Contributions or any photograph(s), footage, illustrations, statements or other work contained in the User Contributions.
AAPP reserves the following rights:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information related to anyone posting any materials on or through the Services. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE COMPANY/SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
Notwithstanding our rights set forth above, we cannot and do not undertake to review all User Contributions before or after they are posted on the Services and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section titled “User Contributions”.
- Use that in any way violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation.
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate AAPP, an AAPP employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm AAPP or users of the Services or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- “Scrape” or disaggregate data or Content from the Services (whether by manual or automated means) for any commercial, marketing, or data compiling or enhancing purpose.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Services, the server on which the Services is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Services.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services.
- Intellectual Property
Any unauthorized use (including any commercial use) of the Services and/or Content, including Trademarks, will violate the intellectual property rights of AAPP (and/or its third-party partners and licensors) and will be subject to AAPP (and/or its third-party partners and licensors) full legal rights and remedies.
The trademarks, logos, trade names and service marks, whether registered or unregistered (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed in the Services are Trademarks of AAPP and its third-party partners and licensors. Nothing contained in the Services shall be construed as granting by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed in the Services without the written permission AAPP.
All content included on this site, including text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of AAP or its content suppliers and protected by international copyright laws. Likewise, the compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of AAPP, with copyright authorship for this collection by AAPP, and protected by international copyright laws.
- AAPP Contributors
Content providers are independent contractor contributors to the Services. To the extent we refer to each of these contributors as an expert, understand we rely on the information they provide us and we are not obligated to independently verify or attempt to confirm any information they provide, nor their qualifications or credentials. AAPP also is not obligated to monitor or independently research or verify any content they contribute. Contributors, even if characterized as experts, are not employees of AAPP or its affiliates and AAPP cannot and does not represent or warrant the accuracy, completeness or truthfulness of the qualifications or credentials of any contributor, nor of any other users of the Services.
- Third-Party Links
AAPP may provide links to third party services as a convenience to you. Any use by you of any products or services offered by any third parties is at your sole risk. We are not responsible for the content of any such third-party advertisements or linked websites. Prior to purchasing any third-party products or services described on the Site, you are advised to verify pricing, product quality and other information necessary to make an informed purchase. Neither AAPP nor any of its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents, representatives or licensors shall have any liability arising from your use or purchase of third-party products or services, even if based upon the information provided via the Services, and we shall not receive or review complaints regarding such purchases. We make no representations or warranties with respect to such third-party products and services. Please be sure to read any terms and policies that may apply to the third-party products and services.
- Social Media and Linking
The Services may provide certain social media features. You may use these features solely as they are provided by us and solely with respect to the Content with which they are displayed. We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to create hyperlinks to the Site and to use the social media features so long as: (a) the links only incorporate text, and do not use any of our trademarks; (b) the links and the content on your website and social media do not suggest any affiliation with AAPP or cause any other confusion; and (c) the links and the content on your website or social media do not portray AAPP or its Services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter, and do not contain content that is unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party. You must not establish a link to this Site or the Services from any website or social media account that is not owned by you, or for which you lack proper legal authority to establish a link. The Site and Services must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site or the Services other than the homepage. We reserve the right to suspend or prohibit linking to the Site and Services for any reason, in our sole discretion, without advance notice or any liability of any kind to you or any third party. We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our sole discretion.
Who can use aapp Pet Social?
Only aapp members can post messages and reply to messages on Pet Social. You must provide accurate information about yourself. Aapp members should not share their password, give access to your aapp member account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else (without prior permission of aapp). You cannot use Pet Social if:
a. you are under 13 years old.
b. you are a convicted sex offender.
c. aapp has previously disabled your account for violations of our Terms or Policies.
d. you are prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.
What you can and cannot share or do on Pet Social.
We want people to use Pet Social to share stories and content that is important to them as pet parents to build a supportive community, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of everyone in our community. You therefore agree NOT to engage in the conduct (or to facilitate or support others in doing so) described below:
You may NOT use Pet Social to post information, opinions, or images that:
- Attempt to sell pets or animals.
- Attempt to offer pets or animals for adoption or re-homing.
- Critique or criticize local or national shelters, rescues, or other animal welfare organizations.
- Claim expertise in an area of pet well-being (behavior, nutrition, health etc.), without having the proper certifications or professional degrees required to demonstrate that expertise.
- Denigrate or express prejudice against any specific breed or type of animal.
- Cite fake news sources or spread misinformation about pets or animals.
- Show animals being killed, abused, or treated poorly, according to commonly-accepted community standards.
- Violate these terms, and other terms and policies that apply to your use of Pet Social.
Are unlawful, misleading, discriminatory, or fraudulent.
- Infringe or violate someone else’s rights, including their intellectual property rights.
- Use inflammatory or discriminatory language or single out any individuals for their race, class, or sexual or gender orientation.
- You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our Products.
- You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access.
AAPP can remove or restrict access to content that is in violation of these provisions. If we remove content that you have shared in violation of these provisions, we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request another review, unless you seriously or repeatedly violate these Terms, or if doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or Products; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe violates your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies.
We also can remove or restrict access to your content, services, or information if we determine that doing so is reasonably necessary to avoid or mitigate adverse legal or regulatory impacts to aapp.
Permissions you give to aapp by using Pet Social:
Permission to use content you create and share on Pet Social. Some content that you share or upload, such as photos or videos, may be protected by intellectual property laws.
You own the intellectual property rights, including copyright or trademarks, in any such content that you create and share on Pet Social. Nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. However, to provide our services we need you to give us some legal permissions (‘license’) to use this content. This is solely for the purposes of providing and improving our Products and services as described in Section 1 above. Specifically, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content. This means, for example, that if you share a photo on Pet Social you give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service or other aapp services you use. This license will end when your content is deleted from our systems.
You can delete content individually or all at once by deleting your account. When you delete content, it’s no longer visible to other users, however it may continue to exist elsewhere on our systems where: a)immediate deletion is not possible due to technical limitations (in which case, your content will be deleted within a maximum of 90 days from when you delete it); b) your content has been used by others in accordance with this license and they have not deleted it (in which case this license will continue to apply until that content is deleted); or; c) where immediate deletion would restrict our ability to:
- investigate or identify illegal activity or violations of our terms and policies (for example, to identify or investigate misuse of our Products or systems);
- comply with a legal obligation, such as the preservation of evidence; or
- comply with a request of a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or a government agency; in which case, the content will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been retained (the exact duration will vary on a case-by-case basis).
In each of the above cases, this license will continue until the content has been fully deleted.
Permission to update software you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install updates to the software where available.
Limits on using our intellectual property:
- If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Products (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you create or share on Pet Social), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours).
- You can only use our copyrights or trademarks as expressly permitted by aapp or with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source license) to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO CASE SHALL AAPP OR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, ADVISORS OR LICENSORS (INCLUDING OUR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR CONTRIBUTORS) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUE, LOST CONTRIBUTIONS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOST SAVINGS, LOSS OF DATA, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE, SYSTEM FAILURE, REPLACEMENT COSTS, OR ANY SIMILAR DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICES OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO OR AS A RESULT OF ANY OF THE SERVICES, OR WITH ANOTHER USER, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST AAPP AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND LICENSORS (INCLUDING OUR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR CONTRIBUTORS) ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN ANY SUCH JURISDICTIONS, OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT WILL OUR TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF, RELIANCE ON, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES EXCEED FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS (US$500).
- Governing Law
As an alternative, you may bring your claim in your local small claims court (to the extent permitted) unless such action is transferred, removed or appealed to a different court. You may bring claims only on your own behalf. Neither you nor we will participate in a class action or class-wide arbitration for any claims covered by this agreement to arbitrate. YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS MEMBER ON ANY CLASS CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST US INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY RIGHT TO CLASS ARBITRATION OR ANY CONSOLIDATION OF INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATIONS. You also agree not to participate in claims brought in a private attorney general or representative capacity, or consolidated claims involving another person’s account, if we are a party to the proceeding.
- No Injunctive Relief
In no event shall you seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of the Services, exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or exploitation of any Content or other material used or displayed through the Services.
- Waiver and Severability
- Entire Agreement
- California Residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, residents of California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights information: you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at: 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite 112, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254. Their website is located at: http://www.dca.ca.gov.
We may provide you notice via email, written notice, or by conspicuously posting the notice on our Site. When you communicate with us electronically, such as via email and text message, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. Please note that we are not obligated to respond to inquiries that we receive. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Contact Us
- 1. Introduction
All information that is posted, submitted, or transmitted to AAPP via this Website shall be deemed to be the property of AAPP, which shall be free to use such information for any lawful purpose as detailed herein. AAPP reserves the right to release such information to law enforcement or other governmental officials as we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary to comply with the law.
The AAPP Website contains links to navigate Participants to other Websites. AAPP is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of Websites access via links on the AAPP Website.
- SERVICE means the myaapp.org website operated by American Association of Pet Parents, LLC (“AAPP”).
- PERSONAL DATA means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- USAGE DATA is data collected automatically either generated using Service or from Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- COOKIES are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- DATA PROCESSORS (OR SERVICE PROVIDERS) mean any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers to process your data more effectively.
- DATA SUBJECT is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
- USER is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
- Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, City, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, Country
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access Service by or through any device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access Service with a device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of device you use, your device unique ID, the IP address of your device, your device operating system, the type of Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies:We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies:We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies:We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies:Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
While using our Service, we may also collect the following information: sex, age, date of birth, place of birth, passport details, citizenship, registration at place of residence and actual address, telephone number (work, mobile), details of documents on education, qualification, professional training, employment agreements, non-disclosure agreements, information on bonuses and compensation, information on marital status, family members, social security (or other taxpayer identification) number, office location and other data.
- Use of Data
AAPP uses the collected data for various purposes:
- to provide and maintain our Service;
- to notify you about changes to our Service;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
- to provide customer support;
- to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
- to monitor the usage of our Service;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- to fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions, etc.;
- to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
- Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
- Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside USA and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to USA and process it there.
- Disclosure of Data
We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide:
- If we or our subsidiaries are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your Personal Data may be transferred.
Other cases. We may disclose your information also:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for the purpose of including your company’s logo on our website;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent in any other cases;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process (such as a subpoena or court order), or government request;
- Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights, covered by GDPR.
We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data, we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- the right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you;
- the right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data;
- the right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information;
- the right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format;
- the right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on your consent to process your personal information;
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Please note, we may not be able to provide Service without some necessary data.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Your Data Protection Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
If you are a California resident, you are entitled to learn what data we collect about you, ask to delete your data and not to sell (share) it. To exercise your data protection rights, you can make certain requests and ask us:
What personal information we have about you. If you make this request, we will return to you:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have sold, along with the category of any other company we sold it to. If we have not sold your personal information, we will inform you of that fact.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the category of any other company we shared it with.
Please note, you are entitled to ask us to provide you with this information up to two times in a rolling twelve-month period. When you make this request, the information provided may be limited to the personal information we collected about you in the previous 12 months.
To delete your personal information. If you make this request, we will delete the personal information we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information. If you choose to delete your personal information, you may not be able to use certain functions that require your personal information to operate.
To stop selling your personal information. We do not sell or rent your personal information to any third parties for any purpose. We do not sell your personal information for monetary consideration. However, under some circumstances, a transfer of personal information to a third party, or within our family of companies, without monetary consideration may be considered a “sale” under California law. You are the only owner of your Personal Data and can request disclosure or deletion at any time.
If you submit a request to stop selling your personal information, we will stop making such transfers.
Please note, if you ask us to delete or stop selling your data, it may impact your experience with us, and you may not be able to participate in certain programs or membership services which require the usage of your personal information to function. But in no circumstances will we discriminate against you for exercising your rights.
To exercise your California data protection rights described above, please send your request(s) by email to email@example.com
Your data protection rights, described above, are covered by the CCPA, short for the California Consumer Privacy Act. To find out more, visit the official California Legislative Information website. The CCPA took effect on 01/01/2020.
- Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services, or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- CI/CD tools
We may use third-party Service Providers to automate the development process of our Service.
- Behavioral Remarketing
- Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
- Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18 (“Child” or “Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children under 18. If you become aware that a Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
The information and services provided by AAPP, AAPP sponsors, and advertisers are not intended to be viewed by Children (under 18 years old). No information collected from Children is knowingly used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside of AAPP.
- Can-Spam Act Compliance
AAPP is dedicated to ensuring compliance with the 2004 Can-Spam Act. AAPP Participants may receive email from AAPP in the following circumstances:
- Acknowledging receipt of a Member application and informing the Member that additional action is required.
- Participant requests for additional information about AAPP or in response to inquiries regarding member applications.
- Response to Participants regarding the status of your transactional requests.
- Advertisements for AAPP products, services, changes in services, and new product availability.
- Advertisements for third party products and services where we have determined that such product or service may be of interest to an AAPP Website Participant.
From time to time, AAPP may enter an arrangement with a partnering third-party website or partner to allow individuals to opt into our marketing program on those third-party Websites. AAPP and its affiliated sites and partners use only an opt-in or opt out method of obtaining customer information, and it is not the policy of AAPP to send unsolicited email.
In each case the third-party Websites have represented and warranted to AAPP the following:
- The data was collected voluntarily from individuals on Website registrations and co-registrations.
- The third-party has a right, under any applicable privacy statements, to transfer the data to AAPP.
- That AAPP has the right to send marketing offers to the individuals
AAPP may also obtain email addresses and personal information from partners and third-party websites. that follow the same set of policies.
AAPP has implemented the following policies for email delivery to ensure compliance with the 2004 Can-Spam Act:
- All emails sent to you by AAPP will clearly identify myaapp.org as the sender. The complete sender name will vary depending on the AAPP department, however all from addresses will end with @myaapp.org.
- Any email from AAPP will include the ability to unsubscribe from future email messages.
- Unsubscribing will ensure the Member is removed from ALL lists at the AAPP Website. This excludes customer service emails regarding the processing and status of a current product or service.
- All emails sent to you directly by AAPP will include valid postal address information in the footer.
- All third-party marketing partners are required to comply with the Can-Spam Act.
- Emails sent to you directly by AAPP will include an email address and physical address where you can send suggestions, complaints, or other correspondence.
- Information for ISPs
The AAPP Website uses a secure server to protect your financial and professional information. Secure server software is used to encrypt the information sent between your Internet browser and our Internet site. This ensures the security of your professional and financial transaction details when using this site. AAPP follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information and may request proof of identity before disclosing any professional information.
Web site: myaapp.org
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Us